When a couple struggles to conceive, rarely is it assumed it has to do with male infertility. Male infertility can be part of the problem, or sometimes the whole problem, and must be addressed for a couple to conceive a child. Therefore, it’s very important to seek out the help of a fertility specialist in Overland Park. Not having a child when you are ready can be an emotional roller coaster. So it is essential to get to the bottom of the cause so that a treatment plan can be made that makes conception possible.
So you may be asking, “What causes some men to have infertility issues?” and “What are the best male infertility treatments in Overland Park?” Here are a few answers to those questions.
- Ejaculation concerns– This happens when semen empties into the bladder instead of the tip of the penis. This can happen when a male has diabetes, bladder issues, or when taking certain medications.
- Varicocele– This is a condition that causes swelling of the veins that drain the testicles. This causes a lower sperm count and is also the most common reason for male infertility.
- Hormones– Just like with females, when male hormones are not functioning correctly in the body with the thyroid or pituitary glands, it can cause low testosterone. Addressing this can be part of successful male infertility treatments in Overland Park.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)– This happens when the male has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED can occur due to many reasons, such as abnormalities and stress which may cause pain during intercourse.
- Medications– This is a very common one, as medication can alter the body’s chemistry. Medications for ulcers or arthritis are known to cause infertility. Overland Park fertility centers can evaluate your medications and come up with an alternate treatment plan.
- Illegal drugs– Things like steroids, other illegal drugs, smoking, and even alcohol can significantly affect the male’s ability to conceive.
- Celiac disease– This disease is known to cause infertility, and diet changes can improve the chances for a male to conceive with Celiac disease. Seek the help of a fertility specialist in Overland Park to find out more options if you have Celiac disease.
- Elevated Temperatures– Locations such as hot baths, saunas, and hot tubs are a temporary killer of sperm. It’s important when trying to conceive that you avoid these locations when receiving male infertility treatment in Overland Park.
The good news is when you seek the help of a fertility clinic in Overland Park your dream of conceiving, in most cases, is still a reality. Testing and coming up with a treatment plan is a sure way to increase your chances of conceiving a child. This often consists of looking at risk factors, testing the male sperm to look for abnormalities, and testing the sperm count to determine the issue. Once it has been identified, choosing from a wide range of options is the next step.
At Midwest Reproductive Center, we have some of the best fertility doctors in Overland Park, and we strive to help discouraged couples and individuals add to their families. We offer a state-of-the-art facility and treatments, as well as top-notch doctors with over 60 years of experience.
We want to help empower our patients with the knowledge and educational resources to be able to pursue the journey of creating a family. Give us a call at 913.780.4300 or visit our website to learn more about our practice and treatments.