Infertility is often looked at as a female issue since it’s the female who gets pregnant and carries the child. However, male infertility is also very common. The need for male infertility treatment in Overland Park is very common, and something to reach out to a fertility specialist in Overland Park about.
In this article, we will talk about some symptoms, the reason for male infertility, and how a fertility specialist might treat this condition. Some common symptoms of infertility might include:
- Low sex drive, or a lack of interest in sex
- Sexual function problems include problems getting or keeping an erection
- Pain in your testicles
- Breast growth
- Low hormone count
- Low sperm count
If you find yourself with any of these symptoms, it might be time to seek out the help of a fertility clinic in Overland Park to get to the bottom of the cause and find ways to treat it. Here are a few of the main causes of infertility problems:
- Infections of various kinds- Many men have infections and don’t even realize it. Things like various STDs or HIV can cause scarring and damage to the testicular area.
- Problems with ejaculation- This can be due to many conditions, including diabetes, bladder issues, and prostate cancer.
- Medications- There are lots of medications that change the hormone count in males. Prescriptions to treat arthritis, depression, allergies, or blood pressure could impact a male’s fertility. However, most medications have the potential to affect the male reproductive system. Always provide your list of medications to your fertility doctor in Overland Park. They may able to tweak your dosage to help improve your fertility.
- Problems with the tubules- It takes a whole system of tubules to carry sperm throughout the reproductive system. If there are any blocks, injury, infection, or abnormal growth, then this could affect the sperm getting to the right location to reproduce.
- Environmental causes- You may experience fertility issues if you work with chemicals, have had radiation, x-rays, or are exposed to hot temperatures for long periods of time.
- Lifestyle- If you are using steroids, illegal drugs, tobacco, or drinking large amounts of alcohol, these can all affect the production of sperm and change the way your body’s reproductive system functions. Being excessively overweight can also negatively impact fertility.
The good news is that many of these factors can be changed or adjusted to give you the result you want. Surgery, medication, or other male infertility treatments in Overland Park have proven to be successful for many people. An Overland Park fertility center is the best place to start your journey in discovering what the issue is. Once you have targeted the problem, you can find a solution that gives you the best chance of starting a family.
At Midwest Reproductive, we understand trying to conceive can be a very emotional journey. Our center will give you the answers and solutions you need to give you a hopeful new beginning. Our caring team of fertility specialists in Overland Park is dedicated to advanced and personalized healthcare.
We look forward to hearing from you!