Here’s to a happy and healthy New Year!
Do you have a New Year’s resolution? Is a baby on the agenda? Every work out facility is packed with newly found fitness gurus the week after New Year’s—people ready to begin their journey to a healthier and happier lifestyle. Midwest Reproductive Center supports that goal!
Living a healthy lifestyle is important for everyone, but especially for those trying to get pregnant. If you are having trouble getting pregnant, Dr. Dan Gehlbach offers these suggestions for embracing a healthful lifestyle.
- Change your diet: A healthful diet is a big factor in order to live a healthy lifestyle. It’s especially important for men and women trying to get pregnant. Limiting your consumption of processed food, trans fats, animal protein and skim milk can help. Make sure you are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, as well as food rich in antioxidants.
- Quit smoking: Quitting smoking can significantly increase the chances of getting pregnant. Smoking negatively affects every aspect of the reproductive system for both men and women, so Dr. Gehlbach will encourage those who are trying to get pregnant to quit smoking.
- Exercise: Maintaining a healthy weight and exercising regularly is important. An increase in body fat can interfere with the production of your reproductive hormones. Studies show that getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day can decrease body fat and help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid Low T treatments: A plethora of Low T ads promise to help men build strength and stamina with this hormone therapy. It actually causes a decrease in sperm health, so avoid Low T treatments while trying to get pregnant.
- See a fertility specialist: You don’t want to waste time trying to get pregnant if there are undiagnosed problems that will make it difficult or impossible. Nearly half of all cases of infertility are caused by male factors, but semen analysis can quickly and easily identify problem areas.
With each New Year comes new resolutions, and with new resolutions we need new information to carry out a plan. If getting pregnant is on your list this year, Dr. Gehlbach is here to aid in these resolutions and give you the accurate information that you need. Contact us for a plan to deliver a baby by 2016.